Wednesday 7 November 2012

Jasmin Martin Makeover

Jasmin Martin, 20, has just been promoted to a new role at the West Sussex County Times.  Jasmin felt it was time for a makeover of her style and said, “I’m thrilled that I’ve been promoted to Reporter, but it’s meant a whole re-think of how I look.  My job now means instead of being behind a desk all day, I can be called away at a moment’s notice to report on local news.  One minute I’m in a muddy field, the next at an awards event so I felt I needed a makeover of my style to fit in with the demands of my new job.”

Jasmin’s regular style is smart/casual and she said “I like looking smart, but not too over the top.  Usually, I shop in New Look, H&M or Primark but I wanted to try different styles to see what worked.  My hair, frankly, needs smartening up and usually I wear very little make up.”

We sent Jasmin off to see Huw and the You by RUSH Horsham team to get some TLC for her hair.  Her stylist, Marcos Garcia, discovered that Jasmin wanted to maintain many elements of her current style, but also wanted to make the fringe more of a focal point.  Marcos proposed that keeping the length, but creating more shape around the face, to be softer and more stylish. 
 Jasmin’s hair was washed and given a Kerastase treatment specifically for her hair type to give strength, shine and conditioning.

Marcos said “Jasmin had a very definite idea in her head as to what cut and style she wanted which made my job much easier.  Through listening to her ideas and then combining them with my own we managed to agree on a haircut which not only kept all the length which Jasmin had asked for, but also created a much more fashionable style with the stronger fringe and looser curls.”

Jasmin’s verdict?  “Marcos was really friendly and I felt like I’d known him for ages.  He genuinely listened to what I said and has given me a fantastic cut that I can do loads with.”

We brought Jasmin into the studio after her cut and set about her make up with Karen Loraine of the Make Up Box Studio.

Karen chose to blend purple shadows with soft highlights on Jasmin’s eyes, adding soft pink lips, concealer and an airbrushed foundation and blusher.  She used a silicone primer before applying foundation in order to diminish the appearance of fine lines and a rose blush, to bring out Jasmin’s great skin.  Karen’s assistant Claire Cook applied Jasmin’s lipstick to finish the look.

Jasmin said, “I loved the make up that Karin Loraine did on me.  I usually wouldn’t spend that long on my make up and I wouldn’t try purple lipstick but her skills are fantastic and the result was brilliant.”

Jasmin was styled in a glamorous cocktail top from Georgedé, the Paris-based fashion house, with a flattering cut and trimmed with French lace and tiny sequins.  The lovely green and pink colours set off Jasmin’s beautiful skin a treat.

JASMIN’S VERDICT
“I loved every minute of the makeover!  Trying new make up and a new fashion style were brilliant and pushed me outside of my usual choices and I think the results were great.  Thank you so much to everyone for their help, it was a wonderful experience!”
  
WITH THANKS TO
You by Rush Horsham www.rush.co.uk 01403 887 713
The Make Up Box Studio www.themakeupboxstudio.com 07810 848208
Georgedé www.georgede.com

No comments:

Post a Comment